[GRASSLIST:2077] Re: GRASS v ESRI

Stefano Maffulli stefano.maffulli at milug.org
Thu Jul 5 11:08:56 EDT 2001

Richard,

On Thursday 05 July 2001 15:04, Richard Ford wrote:
> So is it available to download and use?

You cannot download the software (yet) only try the demos online.

> Or is it software that is going to go commercial as developers see $$$ and
> forget that people pay for expertise and support and not for code that
> costs nothing to copy?

I am advocating to release it as free software indeed, but I am not in charge
to decide how to license CommonGIS.
Bye all

--
Stefano Maffulli aka Reed                   | Milano Linux User Group
http://www.zoomata.com a close-up on italy  | http://www.milug.org