[GRASSLIST:2116] Landscapes and Graph Theory

Roy Sanderson R.A.Sanderson at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 13:20:56 EDT 2001

Hello Everyone

Has anyone seen the paper in by Dean Urban and Timothy Keitt in Ecology
vol. 82 No. 5 (2001) pp 1205-1218 on "Landscape Connectivity: a
graph-theoretic approach".  This looks like a good way to analyse
connectivity between habitat patches, and identify key patches (graph
nodes) and dispersal corridors (graph edges) for many species.  I'm
currently using GRASS 4.2.1, but I can't see anything about graph theory in
GRASS 5.0.  Anyone know whether this sort of approach can be implemented
easily in GRASS, or is it a case of getting down to some low-level C coding?

Thanks
Roy

Roy Sanderson
Centre for Life Sciences Modelling