[GRASSLIST:2171] Large scale data from US Census

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 26 17:32:50 EDT 2001

  Has anyone here used TIGER files to get 1:24,000 scale data on roads and
hydrography into GRASS? I don't need census blocks or zip code boundaries,
but I'd sure like higher-resolution transportation and hydrography than I
get with the 1:100K files that are readily available.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.