[GRASSLIST:2183] Specifying bounds

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 27 15:12:47 EDT 2001

  I searched the mail list archive, and my collected messages for the answer
to my question, but I didn't find it. Perhaps the wrong key word.

  Anyway, I used m.proj to convert the Lon/Lat corners of a study area to
UTM. Now I want to set up the DEFAULT_WIND or WIND for this area, and I need
to translate the corners to the sides. What is the protocol for this?

  That is, I have the northing and easting for each corner. Do I take the
largest northing value as "north:", the least as "south:", and the
equivalents for east: and west: (with negation signs there, of course)? This
seems reasonable to me, but I would like to confirm it.

Toda,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.