[GRASSLIST:2185] Re: How to Display USGS DEM Files?

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Fri Jul 27 16:13:48 EDT 2001

Rich,
You're looking at a raster of elevation values in 2D - it's not going to look
very exciting! You can either view it in 3D in d.3d or NVIZ, or you can generate
a nice shaded relief map using shade.rel.sh , if you'd like a more visually
pleasing product.

Best regards,
	-Malcolm Williamson
	 CAST - University of Arkansas