[GRASSLIST:2197] Re: Another problem with r.proj

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 28 12:57:43 EDT 2001

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Len Coop wrote:

> Here is the start of the manpage. If you didnt see those options you must
> have a funny page: (location= does not include the mapset too) - Len

>              mapset   mapset of input map
>
>               dbase   path to GRASS database of input location

Len,

  Makes no difference:

GRASS:/mnt/usr4/projects/temp-UTM/PERMANENT > r.proj input=plss-r location=nevada mapset=spc
cannot initialize pj
cause: projection not named
ERROR: Can't get projection key values of output map
GRASS:/mnt/usr4/projects/temp-UTM/PERMANENT > r.proj input=plss-r location=nevada mapset=spc dbase=/mnt/usr4/project
cannot initialize pj
cause: projection not named
ERROR: Can't get projection key values of output map
GRASS:/mnt/usr4/projects/temp-UTM/PERMANENT >

  Explicitly adding the input mapset name and the dbase (which I assume is
$GISDBASE), still results in the module's inability to get the key values
(whichever those are) for the _output_ map.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.