[GRASSLIST:2208] Re: Another problem with r.proj

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sun Jul 29 08:53:35 EDT 2001

Hi all,

i can confirm that r.proj in GRASS 5.0.0pre1 does work with my data
(lat/lon, leae, gkk projections).

While i am not able to track the real error down here, i can do some
brainstorming:
- i noticed you use a dash ("-") in filenames and directories. I started
with using dashes over and over in my data, but changed all to
underscore, as at least r.mapcalc does not work with dashes in
filenames. Other problems to expect.
- the State Plane System setup within grass is somehow external to the
other projections stuff and the setup is hardwired into g.setproj. So
you should double check if this is all correct. Please remember that
european users/programmers can not help with State Plane.
- There is currently no tool to do NAD conversions within grass.
m.datum.shift can do this IMHO for single points, but i can't remember.
- You should double check if all the required files (PROJ_INFO,
PROJ_UNITS, WIND, DEFAULT_WIND) are intact and at the correct places.

The problem may be either a sort of unusual setup that is misinterpreted
by GRASS or a importing problem with gdal or your data.

HTH,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net