[GRASSLIST:2223] Re: Projection questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 30 09:33:36 EDT 2001

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Glynn Clements wrote:

Glynn,

> Speaking of projections, can anyone suggest any online (or downloadable)
> tutorials on the subject? I've read the stuff in chapter 2 of the CAST
> GRASS tutorial, but I could do with something more substantial.

  _The_ best reference I've ever seen mentioned us the U.S. Geological
Survey Professional Paper 1395: "Map Projections -- A Working Manual" by
John P. Snyder; published 1987; 383 pages plus one large, folded map. I
think that I bought my copy in 1990 for $20 (that's what the price sticker
reads, but I don't recall the exact year). I've no idea what it costs today.

  I don't know about any others, or more modern works, but when I've had
questions I've found the answers in this book.

HTH,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.