[GRASSLIST:1937] Re: Web Aplication - Grass / Mapserver

Lars Bromley lbromley at aaas.org
Mon Jun 11 10:15:24 EDT 2001

Ouch! Will take note of that! Any idea if its an NT-caused problem or an IMS problem? Has ESRI been any help?

Thanks for informing my purchasing decisions...

Lars

>>> "B. Byars" <Bruce_Byars at baylor.edu> 06/11/01 10:15AM >>>

Lars Bromley wrote:

>There is of course ArcIMS from ESRI, a commercial product, which is supposedly fairly robust.

As long as you don't use the NT server version.  Our IMS server has
such a horrible memory leak that it needs to be restarted about once
per day.  I've not tried the Solaris or Linux versions yet, but may be
migrating to that this summer if ESRI doesn't fix the problem with the
new release.

Bruce