[GRASSLIST:1933] Re: problem with grass5

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 11 10:12:38 EDT 2001

Hi all Linux users of GRASS 5.0.0pre1

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 03:30:44PM +0200, mlennert at club.worldonline.be wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> During you absence there was a problem because of the grass5install.sh which
> didn't correspond to the newest compiled Linux binaries anymore. Have you had
> the time to put the new script I uploaded  on the download servers ?
>
> Moritz

yes, the new script is online (Lisa, please update at Baylor, too).

Sorry for this inconvenience!

What to do (Linux users, who had problems to install the new binaries):

Jump to:
  http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/linux/

Get (13kb):
  grass5install.sh

Install grass5.0.0pre1_i686-pc-linux-gnu_bin.tar.gz using this new script.

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler

> > Hi Moritz
> >
> > mlennert at club.worldonline.be wrote:
> > > Sorry for that !
> > >
> > > Both Markus and I didn't realize this, so we left the old script.
> >
> > Ahh, OK. I added a note to the documents/release_rules.txt (basically
> > what I said in this thread) to indicate why both files are needed. I
> > also added a line to the bindist target in Makefile.in to remind people
> > that both files should be uploaded.
> >
> > > I just uploaded the grass5install.sh into the 'incoming' directory in
> > > Hannover. Markus, could you put it online ?
> >
> > Just a note for people's information, Markus seems to be away at the
> > moment so it may be a while before the new grass5install script is put
> > on the download servers.
> >
> > --
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
> > High Performance Computing Center
> > National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
> > Bangkok, Thailand
> > People who think they know everything are very irritating to those
> > of us who do.  ---Anonymous
> >
> > Jazz and Trek Rule!!!

Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984