[GRASSLIST:1965] Module differences: r.flow/r.flowmd

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 16 18:47:58 EDT 2001

  In my naivte, it appears that there are no differences between r.flow
and r.flowmd.

  The former calculates slope curves (flowlines), flowpath lengths, and
flowline densities (upslope areas) from a raster digital elevation model.

  The latter produces slope lines (flowlines), flowpath lengths and flowline
densities from a raster digital elevation model using a modified multiple
directions algorithm.

  Both take the same input, so what makes each different? If the differences
are minor, I strongly urge that they be combined into a single module
(r.flow) for the 5.0-stable release.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.