[GRASSLIST:1968] GR500pre1: XDRIVER problem and some other notes

Karin(e) ZUERCHER Karine.Zuercher at terre.unige.ch
Mon Jun 18 04:16:45 EDT 2001

Hello everybody!

When I create an aspect map (whether with r.slope.aspect or
through
v.surf.rst) and display the result on an X monitor, I don't get the

right color display. Moreover, I get a serious delay before the map gets

displayed on my Xmonitor. Yet, when I create a PS image with ps.map,
it
turns out perfect.

And when I then rescale the categories (r.rescale), I
get the right
result and without delay of the rescaled map in my Xmonitor.
Although this leads to me having 2 maps to store.

This problem appeared
since I installed the new Grass5.0.0pre1. (with the new script)

I noted,
that I can perfectly see the old aspect and other maps I created back
before the new compression format used in grass5b11 (not yet converted
maps). So, does grass5.0.0pre1 use the old or new conversion format?

I guess there must be a bug somewhere, since I don't know it to be some new
thing I missed. (Or could it be that I left something over from Grass5b11,
although I deleted the entire grass directory).

I think also to have
detected another minor glich of update in the tcltkgrass
main window
title: It's still written Tcltkgrass3.1 (2000), whereas the
help -> About
tcltkgrass says v3.2 (April 2001).

And while I'm just at asking questions:
That's all for the possible irregularities for now (I hope)...
In
Kindness

Karine