[GRASSLIST:1976] Re: r.support & i.composite & number of colors

Gail Higginbottom ghigginb at physics.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jun 18 23:57:00 EDT 2001

> > Dear Grass users,
> > Sometime ago it was confirmed to me that I could use r.patch to join many
> >
> > but regardless of what I input the output "map" is always blank and white.

> You haven't described your process in a lot of detail, so I'll take a
> shot in the dark...
>
> Make sure that you set your region before running r.patch.  According to
> the manual page for r.patch, the region must be set to the region
> covered by the final, patched map.  You can use g.region to set your
> region.

> Roger Miller
> Lee Wilson and Associates

Dear Roger and others,

yes you are correct, I didnt do that! On rereading my printout of r.patch
I can see in the notes section at the end that it says "to check the
current geographic region settings before running r.patch, to ensure that
the region boundaries encompass all of the data desired to be included in
the composite map".  Unfortunately I took that to mean "had I set all my
regions of the individual maps previously when importing them, if so make
sure my new map was in the confines of these previously set regions?"

Obviously that was not the correct interpretation.

thankyou to Roger and Conn Copas who have replied so swiftly.

best wishes,
Gail.