[GRASSLIST:1986] Re: saving color pallet

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Jun 20 07:05:30 EDT 2001

Hello Ziya

ziyadin wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have created a color table for a raster map (DEM). The table
> is very long. Is there anyway I can save this table and possibly use
> it for other raster maps on different Grass projects?
> I appreticate any suggestions,

If you look in the colr directory of your mapset (for example in the
spearfish data set this directory is spearfish/PERMANENT/colr), you
should find a file named the same as your raster map. This is the color
table for that map. Simply copying this file to the name of your new
raster map should work. Of course, the copy should be in the colr
directory of the mapset you are using, especially if it is a different
mapset.

Hope this helps.

--
Sincerely,