[GRASSLIST:1995] Re: v.digit and other problem

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jun 20 13:26:21 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 03:41:32PM +0200, georges..schwob wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I work with Grass4.3 and a Mandrake Linux plateform.
>
> When I launch v.digit I receive the following message: "Can't open file
> for read :/usr/local/grass43/etc/digcap
>
> Contact your Grass system administrator"
>
> There is only "digcap.sampl" file in this directory.

Hi,

usually the install script copies digcap.sampl to digcap. So just
cp digcap.sampl digcap

Then it should work.

> So I try to get some help into the downloaded Grass 4.0 map digitizing
> manual (Postscript 53 pages), unfortunately, the gunzip command refuse to
> work and says that the file is not a gzip format ???

Please check again:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/index.html

I have converted the digit.ps.gz to digit.pdf. Now you should be able
to download.

Hope this helps,

 Markus Neteler