[GRASSLIST:2005] Figures about GRASS use

Stefano Maffulli stefano.maffulli at milug.org
Fri Jun 22 11:46:07 EDT 2001

Hello

I am trying to figure out how many users there are of GRASS in the world.
Also I am interested in figuring out what happened when GRASS was released
under the GPL: was there an increase in the name of GRASS? Did the
development process change (for better or for worse)?

I am writing a paper to convince a company releasing its GIS under a free
software license, and the GRASS experience may clear some doubts.

thanks
stefano

--
Stefano Maffulli aka Reed                   | Milano Linux User Group
http://www.zoomata.com a close-up on italy  | http://www.milug.org