[GRASSLIST:2036] Re: how to set up printer for grass

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jun 28 15:55:03 EDT 2001

jun liu wrote:

> I run the "p.select" to find the available printers
> for printing grass map, but only "preview, preview1"
> are available,
> could anybody tell me how to set up a printer
> connection for GRASS?

You need to compile and install the appropriate driver.

By default, only "preview", "preview2" and "ppm" are installed (and
"ppm" is only partially installed; it isn't available by default).

To enable another driver, add it to src/CMD/lists/GRASS before
compiling.

Alternatively, use "ps.map" to generate PostScript output, and use
Ghostscript to print that.