[GRASSLIST:1563] Re: dxf export

Bernhard Sturm sturm at datacomm.ch
Wed Mar 7 17:05:02 EST 2001

At 15:18 07.03.01 -0300, Felipe G. Nievinski wrote:
>AFAIK, DXF format does not support attributes, only the objects' geometry.
>(Truly, its 'blocks' have attributes, but I would not recommend you to use
>it.)
I've exported isolines to the dxf format, and they all contained two
layers: the vector layer, and the attribute layer. I never had any problems
using them, and they were all perfectly corresponding to the attributes
assigned within GRASS... (I drew all my maps so far with this method, it's
far more precise than using a CELL driver or a big X monitor, and
resolution independent)
However this works only with arc vectors, and not with point data (GRASS
wasn't even able to plot a converted site file with s.to.vect as a vector).
I was wondering, whether someone else had ever used converted site data as
a vector layer, and then exported it to another file format?

Any help is much apreciated

Bernhard Sturm
--
CDE, Centre for Development and Environment, University of Berne

the.sign
Bernhard Sturm
WebDesign & Software
Steinauweg 22