[GRASSLIST:1562] Re: (no subject)

Felipe G. Nievinski fnievinski at cpovo.net
Wed Mar 7 13:18:46 EST 2001

AFAIK, DXF format does not support attributes, only the objects' geometry.
(Truly, its 'blocks' have attributes, but I would not recommend you to use
it.)

When I need to import geodata in AutoCAD Map, usually I export to Shape
files, wich works fine.

(AutoCAD Map's DWG file format has an extension to store attributes (called
Object Data), but I don't know any non-Autodesk software that supports it -
not even FME from Safe Software.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Felipe Nievinski.