[GRASSLIST:1612] Re: Problem reprojecting...

Morten Hulden morten at ngb.se
Wed Mar 14 18:46:10 EST 2001

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Eric G. Miller wrote:

> Be careful of r.proj!  I've filed a bug against it for reading the
> entire raster into memory before projecting it.  It can cream your
> system.  i.rectify is an alternative (and smarter about the memory),
> though you need tie points.

Not true any longer since grass5.0beta10 or so. r.proj now does not
allocate more memory than necessary and only reads in the overlapping
region of the input map.

r.proj is also "region sensitive", i.e. you have to set your current
location to the 'default region' in order to get a map that covers the
whole location. if you have set your current region to a smaller area and
the input map does not cover all of the location you _may_ get an 'input
map is outside current region' error.

Morten Hulden