[GRASSLIST:1651] netscape -ncol 64 Re: Re: floating color table questions

Nigel Dyson-Hudson ndh at InternetSmiths.com
Tue Mar 20 13:49:49 EST 2001

gail,

I have had to do this since 95?? when running Netscape under X at least if
I want to use an other app and see something.
[it might be -ncol or -ncols, I am at a Win machine today & unix challenged
:-( ]
netscape -ncol N where N is 64 or 128, the number of colours you want to
give Netscape. Otherwise Netscape grabs them all and does not share them.

On the systems I administer nescape is a shell script in the path, /bin,
before the real netscape.
#! /bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/netscape -ncol 64

You could get fancy with an if $1 & decide at startup how many colors.

At 03:34 PM 3/20/01 +0930, Gail Higginbottom wrote:

>Regarding colour maps. When I run Grass and netscape concurrently,
>netscape uses all my colourmap. Obviously I can run a text-only version
>of
>Lynx, but I'd much rather have a clour and image version of netscape. Any
>ideas?
>
>regards,
>Gail.
>
>Gail Higginbottom,
>Centre for European Studies and General Linguistics,
>University of Adelaide,
>Adelaide, South Australia,
>Australia. 5005.
>and
>Department of Physics and Mathematical Physics
>
>ghigginb at physics.adelaide.edu.au
>
>http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~ghigginb/
>
>(08) 8303:6440

nigel dyson-hudson, InternetSmiths, Inc.
"Internet since lynx and mosaic days"
"I was Internet when Internet wasn't cool"