[GRASSLIST:1656] Re: r.in.gdal - new libgdal.1.1.so

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Mar 21 04:47:46 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 04:05:21PM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have prepared a new build of libgdal.1.1.so for Linux for use with
> r.in.gdal in GRASS5.  You should be able to just drop the contents of
> the tar file into your "lib" directory of the GRASS tree.
>
>   ftp://gdal.velocet.ca/pub/outgoing/libgdal-linux-grass.tar.gz
>
> This version is up to date (in fact a little better than) with GDAL 1.1.4.
>
> I would apprecate this to go into the GRASS 5 linux binary distribution.
> I can prepare a shared library for other platforms if needed.

Thanks, Frank!
Of course it will be included in the next binary package.

Additionally we would need Solaris/SUN, Solaris/Intel and SGI
versions, hopefully you can get volunteers to build that for you.

The addition of this lib is documented in the release rules for
GRASS binaries.

Regards

 Markus Neteler