[GRASSLIST:1667] Re: Learning GRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Mar 23 13:10:02 EST 2001

Hi Wes, Rich and all,

a small addition to the thread:
What you may expect from GRASS 5.1 you can see here:
 http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass51/index.html

There is a nice sample image of 3D vectors in NVIZ from
Radim Blazek :-) The basic ideas of 5.1 are 3D vectors and
multiple attribute support beside a general code cleanup.

We try to hurry up with 5.0.0stable so that we can fully
start the 5.1 development. However, still bugs are
detected which we want to fix. The idea is to release a
really stable, platform independent, relyable GRASS 5.0
very soon.

If YOU are interested to participate, please join the development
team! Small and big contributions are welcome.

Regards

 Markus Neteler

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology