[GRASSLIST:1680] Re: GRASS Cygwin Binary Installation problems.

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Wed Mar 28 15:00:56 EST 2001

Hi Howard,

sorry, i must admit that the binary installation instruction is not for
the binary package you find on the hannover server currently.

We plan to build a new binary in some days, which will use another
installation method.

Please note that GRASS on cygwin is not a "finished" product, but beta
software.

I am in a hurry right now, i will try to figure out what the problem
might be tomorrow.

cu,

Andreas

Howard Tan wrote:

> Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I've been out of town.
>
> Thank you, Andreas and Markus for the additional text.
>
> But I still get the same error.
>
> I've deleted my cygwin directory. Download all the latest binaries that I
> can find (as of 3/27/01). I ran the setup command to grab all the latest
> cygwin files. I made sure I installed everything for a single user and in
> UNIX text mode. I moved all the archived files I have (.bz2, .zip. etc) to
> the root directory in cygwin, which resides on my d: partition with 17 gigs
> ('d:\cygwin'). Unpacked everything in the console window using the bunzip2,
> unzip, and un-tarred from the root dir. Followed the instructions from
> http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/cygwin_gr
> ass50bininstall.html. Everything seemed to install just fine. Xwindows
> server works for both the Xserver that can install from cygwin (4.0.3), and
> ReflectionX (6.10 built in 1997). I download the global dataset into my
> directory (d:\cygwin\home\data) and I opened a cygwin console and tar-xzf
> it from ('/home/data').

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net