[GRASSLIST:1798] Re: r.out.bin availability & related question

Bernhard Sturm sturm at datacomm.ch
Tue May 1 10:33:42 EDT 2001

> > Related question: I wish to write a shell script to process multiple
> > sites files and conceptually do the following:
> >
> >         s.ascii.in $filename.txt | s.surf.rst <arguments> | r.out.bin
> $filename.bin
> >
> > Provided r.out.bin is available, I should be able to do this, should'nt I?
>Well, I don't think that you could pipe the results from s.surf.rst.
>But in a simple script using these commands sequentially, it is no
>problem.

no, pipping is not possible in this case, but I wrote a small perl script
doing exactly the thing you want to do with the above command. Thomas I'll
post it to you, but you have to set it up by yourself (you need to change
some initial path pointers in the script)

cheers
Bernhard Sturm

the.sign
Bernhard Sturm