[GRASSLIST:1850] RE: GRASS 5 display questions -- SOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 17 15:39:11 EDT 2001

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Markus Neteler wrote:

> yes, Dieter's idea to use v.digit may be a solution:
>  - check map scale (shouldn't be 1:0 of course)
>  - check the boundary coordinates in that sheet (N,S,E,W)

  The problem was caused by a corrupted installation of GRASS. How this
happened I've no idea. But, I grabbed last Tuesday's weekly snapshot from
the CVS repository, built it and installed it over the earlier beta-11.2.
Now imports work better and the display behaves.

  Rather strange and unexpected for a linux system, but, what the heck it's
solved.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)