[GRASSLIST:1893] Re: Illustrations wanted

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue May 29 04:28:51 EDT 2001

Rich,

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 06:02:48PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I'm putting together a talk that I'll be giving in a week at the annual
> conference of the American Society for Surface Mining and Reclamation. I'd
> like a couple of raster maps to use as illustrations, and I don't have the
> data from which to generate them.
>
>   Does anyone have an interpolated surface showing the distribution of a
> plant or animal over an area?
>
>   How about the same thing for a chemical constituent in soils or water?
you may check Helena Mitasova's and Bill Brown's web pages:

 http://www2.gis.uiuc.edu:2280/modviz/
  -> Chesapeake Bay
     Nitrogen (4D)
  -> Underground
     Chemicals (4D)

However, they will have to agree of course to use their illustrations.

>   And, if anyone has a series of maps that show the distribution of plants
> or animals with topography, aspect, slope, geology or another abiotic
> variable, I'd like to use these, too.

Here you may check:
 http://mpa.itc.it/
 Cesare Furlanello's group at ITC/Irst, Trento

>   Anything in PostScript (.ps) or .eps format will work. I can then put the
> illustrations in the printed paper (with attributions, of course!) and in
> the MagicPoint presentation accompanying the talk.

Hope this helps,

 Markus