[GRASSLIST:2660] Re: naive CVS question

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Nov 14 05:16:26 EST 2001

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 10:16:49AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:

> a warning:
> The Web/CVS interface does NOT show the latest code but the oldish
> experimental tree.

This is not true.
It shows all branches and the default branch per default.
The default branch happens to not be an active experimental branch.
You to look at the right branch mentioned a couple of times.

> I strongly advise to use it (and I recommend to
> either remove the link or update it).

Which link do you mean?
Wouldn't it be better if the strategy to really have the
experimental branch as head be followed?

> The two ways to get the latest code from CVS is
>  - get the CVS snapshot package (you can run cvs up -dP within to update
>    in future)
>  - use
>    cvs -z3 checkout -r releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0 grass

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)