[GRASSLIST:2659] Re: naive CVS question

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Nov 14 04:16:49 EST 2001

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 06:19:15PM -0500, Kevin Slover wrote:
> Erin,
> 	I just ran into this earlier today, but thankfully have a T1 connection
> to experiment with.  You are able to download individual files from the
> CVS link.  It might take a bit to find, but each raster library is a
> directory, and you need to of course download just the files from the
> directory...nothing more....
>

> Erin ODoherty/RMRS/USDAFS wrote:
> >
> > Recently, I was also trying to download Bill Baker's r.le suite for
> > compilation in GRASS5.0 and Linux.   I knew that I had to look at the CVS,
> > but it's not clear to me how it works.  Do I have to download the whole
> > GRASS5.0 snapshot?  I was hesitant to explore deeper because I didn't want
> > to start a long download via modem before I knew what I was getting myself
> > into.  Thanks,
> >
> > Erin O'Doherty

Hi,

a warning:
The Web/CVS interface does NOT show the latest code but the oldish
experimental tree. I strongly advise to use it (and I recommend to
either remove the link or update it).

The two ways to get the latest code from CVS is
 - get the CVS snapshot package (you can run cvs up -dP within to update
   in future)
 - use
   cvs -z3 checkout -r releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0 grass

Then you will get all the latest improvements.

Best regards

 Markus Neteler

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it