[GRASSLIST:2675] v.digit abd Altek AC30 digitizer

John Preston jpreston at uwimona.edu.jm
Tue Nov 20 15:57:10 EST 2001

Hi, I'm trying to get v.digit to talk to an Altek AC30 without success.
I'm running GRASS 4.3 under Linux 6.1 on a Pentium II 200. I can talk to
the digitizer using minicom, and when I click one of the cursor buttons
I get the cursor position. However I can't seem to get it to respond to
the query mode 'P<cr>' then 'V<cr>'.

When I run v.digit it goes up till the point when I need to register the
points and it keeps giving me a message about not being able to
communicate with the digitizer.

Is there anybody out there who can help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Preston
Internation Centre for Environmental and Nuclear Sciences
University of the West Indies
Kingston, JAMAICA.