[GRASSLIST:2572] Re: grass5 and network connections

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Oct 8 16:42:05 EDT 2001

On Mon,  8 Oct 2001 20:49:27 +0200, "giorgio19291 at inwind.it"<giorgio19291 at inwind.it> wrote:

> Yes please tell me whats changes I have to do.

Okay, I assume you have the GRASS 5 sources.

Change directory into grass/src/libes/gis.

Open the "unix_socks.c" file and scroll down to line 53:

50 /* For switching between putting socket file in <mapset>/.tmp/<host>/
51  * and $HOME/.grass (see user_config.c)
52  */
53 #define USE_TEMP_ELEMENT
54

Put comments around the contents of the line "/* ... */"

Save the file and exit.

Open the "Gmakefile" file and add to the long list of object files
starting from "OBJ = \" a line that reads "user_config.o\".

Save the file and exit.

Next change directory ../../include/ and edit the file "gisdefs.h".

Add a couple lines (keep in alphabetic order by source file "user_config.c"):

/* user_config.c */
char * G_rc_path (char *, char *);

Save the file and exit.

Change back to the top-level directory.  Run "make clean", and recompile
and reinstall GRASS.  After that completes, all unix socket files will be
placed in $HOME/.grass/com/.

Hopefully that'll do it for you.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>