[GRASSLIST:2611] Intro and importing USGS SDTS DEMs

Ben Logan blogan at newcreature.org
Tue Oct 30 21:12:18 EST 2001

Hello all,

I am a relatively new GRASS user, as well as being new to GIS in
general.  From what I've seen of GRASS, however, it's quite nice.  Yet
another Open Source success story. :)

I'm using GRASS 5.0.0pre2 on an Intel box running Redhat Linux 7.1.

My question is regarding the USGS SDTS DEMs available at
http://www.gisdatadepot.com/dem/.  How do I import that data into
GRASS?  I read how to at some point in the past, but that was with
GRASS4.3, and I can't figure out where I read how to do it anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: blogan at newcreature dot org
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0