[GRASSLIST:2620] Re: grid 3d question

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Oct 31 10:51:02 EST 2001

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 06:33:14AM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Ted Lewis wrote:
>
> > I've got a VERY basic question regarding grid3d: I can't seem to enter the
> > program!  I downloaded and uncompressed the "3d Weather Situation" data set.
>
>   All the grid3d modules are the back-end for nviz. They are not now
> stand-alone, functional modules.

Hi,

Rich, the modules are not back-end for nviz but stand-alone, functional (?)
modules :-)

You don't have them because they are not included in the current
binary versions of GRASS 5. The reason is that there are some severe
bugs inside which needs to be fixed (volunteers??).

If interested, I have written something about the G3D here:

Volume modelling of soils using GRASS GIS 3d tools. -
in: Brovelli, M. (ed.)(2001): The Geomatics Workbook N. 2. Politecnico di
Milano, Italy (ISSN 1591-092X)
http://geomatica.ing.unico.it/workbooks2/index.html

Maybe not exiting, but a short description.

If you want to try/fix the grid3d modules you can download from the
GRASS CVS site. The code is in the "experimental (main) tree", not in
the stable branch we are currently working on.

Best regards

 Markus Neteler