[GRASSLIST:2617] grid 3d question

Ted Lewis lewist at geo.umass.edu
Wed Oct 31 11:27:31 EST 2001

Hello.  Last week I downloaded GRASS5.0.0pre1, and installed it on a
Mandrake 8.1 PC.  I'm very new to GRASS & GIS, but have been running through
several tutorials & have been really impressed.  Thanks very much!

I've got a VERY basic question regarding grid3d: I can't seem to enter the
program!  I downloaded and uncompressed the "3d Weather Situation" data set.
However, the command g3.list yields a command not found error.
I've also tried most of the modules listed on the GRASS Grid 3d modules
manual page (ex. r3.mkdspf, r3.in.ascii, r3.region etc.), and get the same
error.

Do I need to uncompress / compile grid3d?
Is grid3d included with the pre1 release?
Do I need Mesa or OpenGL to enter the program?

I would ultimately like to interpolate in 3d a 4 x 4 grid of water column
physical properties.  The data are binned on water depth.  At this point,
just doing the interpolation would be great, I can deal with the
visualization later.

Thanks very much,
Ted Lewis