[GRASSLIST:2385] Re: s.proj question

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Sep 4 11:18:57 EDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 10:46:13AM -0400, Kevin Slover wrote:
> I am using the s.proj command to reproject some site data, and I am
> curious to the conversion method used.  I am going from nad83 degrees
> (decimal) format to state plane coordinate.  Is it using something
> similar to CORPSON available from the National Geodetic Survey, or is an
> internal program developed by the GRASS programmer??  Thanks...

GRASS uses the PROJ library from USGS originally...  No Datum
transformations yet... Any beware that there's a bug in how State Plane
is handled.  You'll always get State Plane 27 projection info unless you
rename <grass>/etc/state27 => state27.bak, state83 => state27.  It's
something of a hardwired bug...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>