[GRASSLIST:2410] "Invalid resource file" error

Aurelien aurelien at fractals.be
Sat Sep 8 12:20:38 EDT 2001

I get this strange error when launching grass5 for the first time:

Error opening terminal: vt100.
Invalid resource file, removing /Users/candide/.grassrc5

I'm on Mac OS X (can't wait to get Jeshua's CD ;-)

I tried from within a Xterm (XDarwin), but then the first message
becomes:
Error opening terminal: xterm

On the first error, the readme tells that you shoud go to /opt, and then
do 'grass5 spearfish/PERMANENT'.
But I don't have /opt (should the install script have made one for me ?,
or did I miss an install step ?). So I created a /opt dir and inside it
a spearfish dir. However, that did't help much: now I get:

Starting GRASS ...
/opt/spearfish/PERMANENT: No such location

Somebody else experienced the same frustation ?

Aurélien