[GRASSLIST:2418] RE: Problems running grass in XWindows in cygwin on NT

ted byers ted.byers at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 10 15:49:02 EDT 2001

Thanks Malcolm,

This fixed it, for the most critical part.

> In a Cygwin bash command shell execute:
>
> tic /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/etc/xterm.termcap      //(Xinstall.sh has
> xterm.terminfo)
>
> This should set up the right xterm definitions so that grass will run
> correctly in XFree86 with TERM=xterm.

But I still get the following error when I exit grass.

"Invalid resource file.  removing /home/Bted/.grass5"

Is this resource file something grass creates when it first starts, or do I
need to make one manually (and if so, what goes in it)?

Thanks again,

Ted