[GRASSLIST:2426] Import vector map problems

Daniel Tourde ted at foi.se
Fri Sep 14 09:34:03 EDT 2001

Hello,

I am a new user of Grass. I use GRASS-5.0beta11 provided by the
freegis.org FTP server and I built it on a RedHat 7.1 Linux system.

I am living in Sweden (RT 90: Transverse Mercator, Bessel 1841) and I
have access to digital vector maps encoded according to the following
formats:

dk_10gso.dbf  dk_10gso.sbn  dk_10gso.sbx  dk_10gso.shp  dk_10gso.shx

I am trying to import these vector maps into Grass but without much
success, I must admit. I tried ARC/INFO ungenerated files and also ESRI
shapefile.
- The ARC/INFO ungenerated file type does not allow me to load anything
- the ESRI shapefile option allows me to load the dk_10gso.shp type
files (at least, maybe the others but I have not tried).

>From that point, I tried to display the map and I only obtained a black
display with some contours in white. It seems the info describing the
topology (water, forests, roads, cities...) is not loaded or I have not
found the way to display it.

Does anyone know how I could solve my problem: load and display the
complete maps?
I thanks in advance anyone who could help me.

Best regards

		Daniel Tourde
Daniel TOURDE                             E-mail : daniel.tourde at foi.se
                                             Tel : +46 (0)8-55 50 43 44
                                        Cellular :  +46 (0)70-849 93 40
   FOI, Swedish Defence Research Agency; Aeronautics Division - FFA
       Dept. of Wind Energy and Aviation Environmental Research
SE-172 90 Stockholm, Sweden                     Fax : +46 (0)8-25 34 81