[GRASSLIST:2502] Re: Problems with GRASS5 r.in.ascii

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 27 09:34:22 EDT 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Terry Duell wrote:

> I have recently built grass5.0.0pre2 in order to over some difficulties
> with v4.3, and seem to have run into a nasty little problem. I have been
> generating raster ascii data and thought I would take advantage of the
> null value feature of GRASS5, so altered the way my data was being
> generated to include 'null: -99' in the header of the raster ascii files.
> When I try to run r.in.ascii I get a segmentation fault and a core dump.
> Importing v4.x ascii raster format is OK. Is this a known problem, or is
> more likely to be something I have done?

Terry,

  Have you tried importing your data as-is, then running r.null on it? The
latter lets you specify the value you use to represent NULL and replaces it
with the GRASS NULL value.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.