[GRASSLIST:2507] Re: tcltkgrass--d.mon ERROR...

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Sep 27 18:31:06 EDT 2001

hsamanie at bio.puc.cl wrote:

> Hi! I'm installing grass from the cvs fine...

*** WARNING *** (to everyone):

Do not attempt to use the version at the head of the CVS tree
(obtained when using "cvs checkout" or "cvs update" without a "-r"
switch).

Since April, nearly all development has taken place on a branch, and
the trunk doesn't appear to have been kept synchronised.

The working version has the following branch tag:

	releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0

So use e.g. "cvs update -r releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0" to get a
working source tree.

> GRASS:~ > Error in startup script: unmatched open brace in list
>     while executing
> "llength $line"
>     invoked from within
> "if ![catch {open ~/.tcltkgrass r} stream] {
>     while {[gets $stream line] >= 0} {
>         if {[llength $line] != 2 || \

This is probably a bug; deleting ~/.tcltkgrass should allow you to
get past it.

> Although everything seems to be in its correct place and work well until
> I try to open a window...
> and do:
> GRASS:~ > d.mon x0
>
> then I get this answer....:
> Usage: x0 [-] "input_fifo output_fifo" [nlev]
> Can't stat /usr/local/grass5/dev/fifo.1a
> Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
> Can't stat /usr/local/grass5/dev/fifo.1a

This suggests that you're using the head version instead of the
(working) branch. See above.