[GRASSLIST:3414] GRASS in education advice. (fwd)

ivan ivan at es.usyd.edu.au
Tue Apr 2 08:26:55 EST 2002

Dear users,

I am relatively new to GIS and would like to get as much advice on how
competitive GRASS is when compared with the major GIS players in the
market.

My main interest is how easy and useful GRASS can be for teaching
purpose.  If anybody running GRASS as a main teaching/research platform
could you please share your experience and thoughts.

Our main teaching/research areas: marine geology and geophysics,
structural geology, coastal hydrology and geomorphology; human geography,
soil geography.

Thank you in advance.

Ivan Teliatnikov,
F05 David Edgeworth Building,