[GRASSLIST:3429] Re: Fw: Images resolution and rectification.

giorgio giorgio19291 at inwind.it
Thu Apr 4 03:11:33 EST 2002

Hi
Ok Ok!  The four vertices of the image are expressed in geodetic latitude
and longitude  but the projection of my image (Level 1B) is  UTM, you can
load it in the metadata of the hdf file searching for:
· SCENEFOURCORNERS
· MAPORIENTATIONANGLE
· PROCESSINGPARAMETERS (Projection information)
MPMETHOD
UTMZONECODE
RESMETHOD
so  you need to convert lat long   to obtain the UTM coordinates of four
vertices and after to rotate the image of an angle= MAPORIENTATIONANGLE.
I have used the m.ll2u using WGS84 as spheroid to get the UTM cordinates and
i.rectify to rotate the image in the space.
Something of wrong???
Many thanks
GIORGIO