[GRASSLIST:3435] Re: Fw: Images resolution and rectification.

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Apr 4 07:40:21 EST 2002

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 10:11:33AM +0200, giorgio wrote:
> Hi
> Ok Ok!  The four vertices of the image are expressed in geodetic latitude
> and longitude  but the projection of my image (Level 1B) is  UTM, you can
> load it in the metadata of the hdf file searching for:
> · SCENEFOURCORNERS
> · MAPORIENTATIONANGLE
> · PROCESSINGPARAMETERS (Projection information)
> MPMETHOD
> UTMZONECODE
> RESMETHOD
> so  you need to convert lat long   to obtain the UTM coordinates of four
> vertices and after to rotate the image of an angle= MAPORIENTATIONANGLE.
> I have used the m.ll2u using WGS84 as spheroid to get the UTM cordinates and
> i.rectify to rotate the image in the space.
> Something of wrong???

Mhhh, in my ASTER metadata I can only find
GRingPointLatitude
GRingPointLongitude
but nothing from above. However, it seems to be 1B data:
        OBJECT = ShortName
            Value = "AST_L1B"

Maybe you can put the metadata file into
ftp grass.itc.it
cd incoming
then I can look at it to get an idea.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it