[GRASSLIST:3534] RE: ... and <v.trim> question

John Gillette JGillette at rfmd.com
Wed Apr 17 13:54:38 EDT 2002

> <v.trim>
> I downloaded the grass sources and added the v.trim
> (from CVS) into the suitable /src/mapdev or what) directory.
>
> I translated grass successfully. But what to do, how to
> translate also the experimental v.trim? (I know
> it is buggy.... no problem.... I would like to check it only)
>
> when I type make v.trim it says there is no rule for that.
>
> How to add the rule?

  Try "v.rm.dangles".  There is no manual page for it.
I looked at C code and it appears to measure length of lines
and remove those less than a given size.  I have used this command
before because I could not find v.trim. (v.trim DOES appear in the
tcl/tk GUI interface.  I believe v.rm.dangles DOES NOT.)

John Gillette