[GRASSLIST:3558] Re: compiling and installing Grass5.0 in PC

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Apr 22 02:25:02 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 12:22:05PM +1000, KYUNGSOOK CHOI wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am a beginner of using Grass and have a problem to compile using gcc
> compiler and install Grass in PC Windeow (I have downloaded
> Grass5.0opre1_i686pc_cygwin_bin.tar and decompressed it).
> Could you help me out from this problem.
>
> Cheers

Dear Kyung,

it may be much easier to install the precompiled winGRASS version.
In fact there are two winGRASS version:

     o winGRASS with Xserver requirement: wingrass_xserver/
     o winGRASS without Xserver requirement: wingrass_generic/
        (more limited in functionality: no NVIZ, no tcltkgrass yet)

Download from here or a mirror site:
 http://grass.itc.it/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/

Best regards,

 Markus Neteler