[GRASSLIST:3563] Re: Grid 3D Modules

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Apr 22 13:42:25 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 07:24:30PM +0200, Javier wrote:
> Hello all;
>
> My first message to the list:
>
> There are some commands that don't work in my computer.
>
> These are all commands belonging to GRASS Grid 3D Modules. When I've tried
> to use them, the only thing I've got is the message "command not found".
> I've got the GRASS5.0pre3 version, installed from the precompiled binaries
> for Linux. Is it that I need to install another different version of GRASS
> with more adds on?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> ----------------

Hi Javier Garcia,

the Grid 3D Modules are not included in binary releases as the underlying
library contains major problems (confusion of coordinate systems etc.)
Bugs are documented, but we need to find someone to fix that (getting some
consistency into the code).
Exception is s.vol.rst which runs well because it uses a different (older)
method to handle G3D data internally.

You can always get the GRASS source code, compile it and try out.

Sorry for no better news,
perhaps you are willing to help us fixing Grid 3D Modules?

Markus Neteler