[GRASSLIST:4192] mapset permission denied....

Allard, Yannick (EXP) yannick.allard at lmco.com
Thu Aug 1 16:41:44 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,

Im trying to build an application to access grass raster file from a java
application. There is no problem accessing the file when im trying because
I am the owner of the mapset. However, when someone else is trying to start
the api, an error occur ( mapset permission denied... which is noprmal
because they are not the owner...). My question is : what should I put in
the mapset variable so that anyone can start the api an have access to the
raster files even if they are not the owner of the file....

here's the code that I use to instantiate the gis object....
  try
 {
    gis_lib = new libgis(
	this.getClass().getName(),
	gisbase,  // GISBASE
	gisdbase,  // GISDBASE
	location,  // LOCATION_NAME
	mapset   // MAPSET
	);

    lf = new libfun( gis_lib );
    lv = new libvect( gis_lib );

  }
  catch (GRASSException exc)
  {
    System.err.println(" GIS Initialization failed : "+ exc );
    System.exit(-1);
  }

thanks in advance

Yannick Allard