[GRASSLIST:4212] Re: ANSWER model scripts

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Aug 5 03:32:53 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 07:22:34PM +0200, andres javier garcia garcia wrote:
> Hi all;
> The ANSWER model that comes along with GRASS. has several srcipts. Those
> scripts are written in 'csh' language.
> How could I execute them when I'm using the bash shell for grass?

Hi,

usually the 'csh' is installed on your machine, so that the script
will start the 'csh' automagically. No need to worry about that.

> If not possible. Is there anybody there out who know how to translate it to
> the bash and would do it?
> I would do, but I don't know the 'bash' language. I think that these files
> are not complex

I am very sure that you don't have to change to bash.

Try typing in a terminal window:
csh
ls
exit

This starts csh from bash, executes ls and leaved csh back to bash.

Hope this helps,

 Markus