[GRASSLIST:4377] Re: need help on tcltkgrass

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Aug 26 04:35:50 EDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 09:46:02AM +0200, Wojtek Wicher wrote:
> Hello, I am new to GRASS and to LINUX and sorry if the problem
> is described in documentation - I didn;'t read all the doc's.
> I want to run the graphic interface. When I type in:
> tcltkgrass&
> I get the following:
> /usr/local/grass5/bin/tcltkgrass:exec:wish:not found
> but the file tcltkgrass exists in the path above. What is the
> problem?

Do you have the tcl and tk programs installed?  They supply
"wish" which is the tcl interpreter which is required for
tcltkgrass... It may be you don't have a /usr/bin/wish, but do
have something like /usr/bin/wish8.3.  If so, you can define
the environment variable GRASS_WISH=wish8.3, and tcltkgrass
should then work.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>