[GRASSLIST:5134] r.reclass question

Ed Davison bfdi533 at cbacc-security3.bus.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 2 12:20:56 EST 2002

I have a raster map that I want to color.  I want to color most of the
map with "no color", e.g. black and other I want to reclass and scale up
from light to dark.  What I have, though, is a point inside a raster
region.  I do not know how to tell r.reclass to color regions based upon
point data.

For example, my raster region might be:

   0,4-------- 2,4 -------- 4,4 -------- 6,4

I know that I want 1,1 to be red and 3,5 to be orange but I don't know
how to do this with r.reclass (or with any tool for that matter).

Any tips?

Ed